Which musicals at Deep Run were the best?

Azzah Abdoalrhman, Managing Editor

Lights, camera, action! The most recent musical “Footloose” premiered on November 9-11. With all of the different plays and musicals that have been performed, students had the opportunity to express what their favorite production was.
“Frankenstein” was performed last year and was a major success. It was also a special production because Mr. Carey McCray came back to do this play with Mrs. Sheryl Gibson, the theater teacher.
“My favorite play was “Frankenstein” because the sets and lights were very well thought out and the acting was really well done,” junior Abigail Huneycutt said.
“Alice in Wonderland”, which was performed in April of 2016, was very similar to the traditional version, Alice in Wonderland through the Looking Glass.
“I really enjoyed the play Alice in Wonderland because everyone’s acting was amazing. It’s also a classic movie, and I was excited to see students recreate one of my favorite movies. I also personally liked everyone’s makeup and costumes in that play,” junior Gabby Brophy said.
Mrs. Gibson enjoyed the musicals “Aida” and “Hairspray”. Although the stories were very different, each one touched her heart significantly.
“I loved them [“Aida” and “Hairspray”] both so much. I am so fortunate to work with such dedicated students; they make my job fun and rewarding in so many ways, which is what makes every show my favorite,” Mrs. Gibson said.