Week of Homecoming Festivities Wrapped Up

Olivia Grandpre

With a fun theme of Mardi Gras, everyone had a great time at the homecoming dance and all the fun leading up to it.
Spirit week led up to the homecoming game and dance. Students participated in exciting themes throughout spirit week. On tie dye day, the halls were full of color and swirls. Sports day was next; many students participated to show the love of their favorite sports teams. On Wednesday, students dressed up for twin day, matching with their friends and coordinating outfits. Next came Disney day, a chance to show off all Disney favorites. Then, each grade level was assigned a Mardi Gras color.
On Friday, with each grade showing their spirit in their assigned color, they attended the pep rally, which only
raised the school spirit and excitement. After fall sports teams walked out, students were chosen from each grade level to participate in games that included sliding on a scooter to collect foam balls and jumping on balloons to find a task to complete.
Later that day came the homecoming parade. Many different clubs participated by either walking or building a float and giving out candy. Sophomore Claire Wright participated in the parade with the Dance Team.
“I liked seeing all the kids looking up at us and being so eager for a piece of candy because I remember doing the same thing when I was a little kid,” said Wright. Following the parade, the game began. The football team defeated John Marshall 42-20. The theme for the game went along with the theme for the day and the pep rally, with grade levels wearing assorted colors.
During half time of the game, the King and Queen were crowned. Seniors Ben Leimberger and Sophia Garabedian received the honor.
The main event was Saturday, October 21, when the dance took place in the gym. Students could dance the night away with friends and dates to music after going out to dinner and taking pictures. Sophomore Ashten Fox enjoyed going to the dance with her friends.
“My friends and I had a great night at homecoming. I really liked dancing to good music and seeing all my friends dressed up,” said Fox.
Homecoming proved to be a hit this year and with students enjoying the whole week of fun and
festivities.