Bathroom passes gets sudden change

Nyla Bell, Photo Editor

Ms. Laura McKinney, an assistant principal, who created the idea of the new bathroom passes. She pushed for this idea because she saw students using the bathrooms that were from other areas in the school, even though there was a bathroom nearby.
“In order to cut back on wandering and allow for an accountability procedure to be put in place, the passes are color-coded with a bathroom,” Ms. McKinney said.
The idea was thought of last year, but Ms. McKinney drew the idea up in August.
She enforced the rule of only having one pass when she found out teachers did not know how many students would be out of the classroom at one time.
“Having one physical pass allows for a quick check. Only one student should go to the bathroom at one time,” Ms. McKinney said.
She got the idea of color coding the passes when she worked at Freeman High School. Freeman enforced color coding passes because students were also wandering around the school.
Ms. McKinney enjoys the new system so far. She has also gotten compliments from teachers about the system.
“I like that teachers and staff are able to monitor student movement better, and teachers like it as well,” Ms. McKinney said.
She also came up with other ideas to better the school such as reorganizing the lunch duty so students can see administration around the school.

Bathroom passes gets sudden change