Ms. Brown

Catherine Shen, Co-Editor in Chief

One new staff member is Ms. Shelly Brown, the financial secretary. She has worked for Henrico County for a total of six years.
Previously, Ms. Brown was a financial secretary for Holladay Elementary School. She then took a break last year and became an administrative assistant for Grove Avenue Baptist Church. She is happy to be back in the educational sector.
“I chose Deep Run because I wanted to return working for Henrico County after I had left last year. My twin daughters are students in the county, so I like being able to support the school system and my children at the same time.” Ms. Brown said.
Ms. Brown has an associate degree in applied science in teacher education. She is currently working towards a bachelor’s degree in education.
Outside of school, Ms. Brown enjoys spending time with family and traveling. She also likes to read and watch sporting events.
As a new member of the staff, Ms. Brown is excited to experience the school’s community.
“My favorite part is how welcoming everyone is. I also enjoy the family atmosphere that the faculty and students seem to have. Getting to know all of the clubs and sports that are part of the high school life is fun,” Ms. Brown said.
Ms. Brown is excited for the new experiences that will she will gain in the upcoming year