Ms. Montgomery

Azzah Abdoalrhman, Co-Editor in Chief

New adminstrators bring fresh ideas and new changes. Among them is new assistant principal Ms. Cheryl Montgomery.
Ms. Montgomery has worked in the education system for 28 years. She received her bachelor’s degree in biology education from Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). In addition, she has teaching endorsements in earth and space science, biology, and chemistry. She went on to receive a master’s degree in administration and supervision from VCU.
Prior to coming to Deep Run, Ms. Montgomery was the assistant and associate principal at Hermitage High School. Also, she taught chemistry and was the Science Department Chair, as well as an administrative aid.
She enjoys working in the education system because she gets to work with students. Ms. Montgomery works as an associate principal here.
“My favorite part about Deep Run is the faculty and students. Everyone has been welcoming and helpful. I’m excited to work with the students and staff here,” Ms. Montgomery said.
If Ms. Montgomery wasn’t working as an associate principal, she would definitely be back in the classroom teaching since that is also one of her passions.
Aside from teaching and working in administration, Ms. Montgomery enjoys the creative hobby of cross-stitching.

Ms. Montgomery