Jacqueline Herrmann helping students during marketing.

Jacqueline Herrmann: Influencing Students for Over 30 Years

For over 30 years Jaqueline Herrmann has spent her life teaching and influencing students. She first knew she wanted to be a teacher in the second grade, and in high school she fell in love with fashion marketing. She thought she would be a buyer for a fashion company, but while at Virginia Tech she discovered that she could teach fashion marketing. From there she pursued an education degree with a concentration in fashion marketing and business. After receiving her undergrad degree, she attended the University of Delaware for her master’s degree.

“[My favorite memory is] taking my fashion students to the NYC garment district, those trips were great teaching moments and a chance to get to know my students better.  Also, our DECA conferences, when students get to apply what they learn in class.  Of course seeing our winners is awesome as well,” Herrmann said.

“[I wanted to become a teacher because of] the influence many of my former teachers had on me.  So many inspired me, helped me to be a better student, and become a better learner,” Herrmann said.

In her free time, Herrmann enjoys working out. Her favorite classes are Mossa, Power, Blast, Active, and Cycling. While the gyms were closed she biked on the Capital Trail.

Her hobbies include researching and following fashion and business trends. She also loves to shop at TJ Maxx, Marshall’s, and Home Goods.

The Sentinel • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All comments posted will be reviewed before being published on our site.
All The Sentinel Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *