Athletes commit to college amid virus shutdowns

Ryan McFarlane, Editor-in-Chief

Blake Wyman
High Point University
Lacrosse

“After my visit, it quickly became my top choice. I loved the campus and the lacrosse program and everything about the school. After I was offered a spot on the team, I committed in a heartbeat. I’m excited to see what is in store at the next level.”

Jessie Robinson
Virginia Commonwealth University
Baseball

“I really like the school and the baseball program.  They are the best and they have a really good group of guys there.”

Olivia Wright
Providence College
Tennis

“I feel like Providence is the best balance between athletics and academics. I also have a great relationship with the coach, so that will be able to help me throughout my next four years.  Lastly, the team dynamic seems to be really good with a group of really nice girls, which will make my experience a good one.”

Colby Morefield
Pfeiffer University
Lacrosse

“I chose Pfeiffer because I liked the campus, and the scheme of their program fit my play style.  I am excited for the next step.”

Severino “Walker” Pedante
Christopher Newport University
Baseball

“I chose CNU because after my visit I felt like I would fit in, and the coaching staff seemed like they would work hard to help improve me as a player.”

Kevin Sprince
University of Mary Washington
Soccer

“When I had my first official visit at UMW, the players, coaches and the rest of the soccer program made me feel like I was already part of the family. Also, some of my good friends and past teammates decided to play at UMW too, so it was an easy decision for me and my future.”

Owen Lindsay
Radford University
Track & Field

“I chose Radford because I wanted to run in college and because I like to compete, and I would miss the competition too much to go to another school and not be able to run.”

Bo Kite
Army – West Point
Football

“I chose Army because it was the highest level football from the offers I had. Also, there are a lot of benefits being a West Point graduate It was a 40 year decision.”