Winter break is coming

Students anticipate time for travel, rest over break

Photo courtesy of: Carson Ewing

Carson Ewing poses with one of his friends from Mississippi.

Hares Mirbacha, Staff Writer

As the cold winter strikes again and the wind dries our hands and lips, we know that winter break will be coming soon. Many students are looking forward to a little adventure this break.

Some students are going out of the country to visit loved ones. Junior Makary Czkajlo is visiting Poland to see family and friends. 

I’m excited to go visit people I have not seen since this summer.

— Junior Makary Czkajlo

Some students are keeping their travels a bit more local by going out of state for vacation to enjoy family time. Senior Carson Ewing is planning to visit Texas this break with his family. 

“I’m originally from Mississippi, so I’m not fond of the cold weather,” Ewing said. “I’m just happy to be going somewhere warm this year instead of spending the break inside because of the weather.”

Other students are planning to stay home, but know they will be busy with other work this break. Senior Marcelo Albuquerque plans to use the time to finish and submit his college applications.

“This break I’m planning on staying home and completely finishing all of my college applications so I’m free of it for the rest of the year,” Albuquerque said.

No matter the difference in plans or distance in travel, the common denominator among students is their excitement for a few days off from their studies. 

“I am ready for this break to come. School has been overworking me, and I need to catch up on sleep,” sophomore Juelz Capers said. 

Whether you stay in Short Pump or travel the globe, be sure to share your winter break photos with us at [email protected].                                 

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.