Wildcat Spotlight: Amanda Clark

Photo courtesy of: Amanda Clark

Wildcat Spotlight: Amanda Clark

Amanda Clark, a new exceptional education teacher, teaches students with disabilities. She also works at Freeman as a Latin teacher. She first knew she wanted to be a teacher when she was in third grade. Clark went to the University of Mary Washington to pursue her interest in teaching and received a degree in both Latin and Chorus. She began her teaching career in 2019 as a substitute before coming to Henrico.    

Clark chose exceptional education because she worked with many exceptional education teachers after college and she saw the impact that they were making. One of her goals is to provide quality education to all students. 

“I love to see my students grow,” Clark said. 

She enjoys helping her students overcome challenges and make positive progress. Along with teaching, Clark appreciates other activities outside of the classroom. 

“I love to bake, sing and paint, ” Clark said.

Clark also has a passion for music. She taught chorus at Hermitage High School for one year during virtual learning. She now participates in a chorus with her community and plays the violin. 

If Clark wasn’t a teacher, she says she would work with animals. Her favorite exotic animal is a panda, and her favorite domestic animal is a cat.

Clark is inspired by her family because she watched them go through challenges and they always preserved. Clark is ready to pursue a year full of learning and connect with her students individually.                         

The Sentinel • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All comments posted will be reviewed before being published on our site.
All The Sentinel Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *