Robert Doolidge poses with Kelsey Stoner, a DRHS Alumni and former DRHS & National TSA president.

Wildcat Spotlight: Rob Doolidge

Robert Doolidge is a new teacher at Deep Run who educates  students on more than just advanced courses in technology.  Previously, Doolidge taught at Short Pump Middle School in technology education. A vast majority of his students this year are students he has previously taught. Doolidge says he finds it delightful to be able to teach them again. He notes that many of his former students have become more interested in the class than before, and he is able to connect with them in a different way.

“We dive into topics with more depth and use more machinery like CNC’s and applicable tools,” Doolidge said. “I make sarcastic and quippy jokes now that they are more mature.” 

Based on Doolidge’s experiences in teaching both middle school and high school, he finds that teaching middle schoolers is a lot more “hand holding” compared to teaching a high school class, where he can lead and mentor students to do more. 

Doolidge is also an assistant coach for the varsity football team. He has always had a passion for the sport, having played football as a teenager leading into college. Before coaching here, he was also the head assistant coach for the Short Pump Middle School football team. With his already established relationships with the players from his time there, he decided to continue with those students and join the coaching staff for Deep Run.

Doolidge used to live in Rochester, New York, but describes the transition to this area as one of the best choices he’s made.

“Moving here from New York was the best decision I have ever made,” Doolidge said.

Calling Deep Run an ideal place, he feels the the kids and the community are great, and he truly feels the support here from parents.

“If I called one of my parents for the kids that I teach, they’d have my back,” Doolidge said.

The Sentinel • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All comments posted will be reviewed before being published on our site.
All The Sentinel Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *