Freshman reflect on their transition into high school

Kristen Willoughby, Staff Writer

Freshman year had its ups and downs, memories, and challenges.  

Going into high school, I was very nervous and anxious, but really excited to start at a new school.

I didn’t know what to expect to be honest. The first time I walked into the school,

I was like “wow I’m in high school.”

I feel like high school gives me more freedom and opportunities than middle school and elementary school.   

This year, I got closer with people I didn’t even think I would be close with, and  I’m also making some great friendships with, new people.

There are some days that are bad and there are some good days, too.  Sometimes projects, tests, and homework can be very overwhelming, but this year, I’ve learned that I need to use my time wisely and just get my assignments done.

When I was in 8th grade, I didn’t know what elective I wanted to do.  I went to an elective fair, and I passed by many tables

I thought about joining the chorus, but, I don’t even sing. I was that clueless.  Then I walked past journalism, and I said to myself, “This is what I want to do.”

I wanted to take journalism because a teacher at my middle school inspired me to become a     better writer. When I came into journalism, i didn’t really know what I was doing, and there were some days where I wanted to quit the class.   I’ve realized that I wanted to stay in journalism now because it makes me feel like I am a part of something in the school.

Some advice I have for rising freshman is to always treat people the way you want to be treated, never give up even when things are hard, and try not to get into or cause drama. Most importantly, always manage your time wisely.